Springfield Lakes forms part of Australia’s largest masterplanned community of Greater Springfield. ACOR has been involved with the project since 2000 designing the road and services infrastructure, and providing construction contract administration for the creation of over 10,000 allotments in 14 different villages, over 700 hectares.
In addition to the general subdivision design and construction; ACOR’s works to date include:
- Relocation, upgrading, new design and construction of major infrastructure such as arterial and local road networks (including bridges)
- Rehabilitation of a former quarry and dump site
- Trunk water, sewer mains and pump stations
- Creation of the recreational lakes that gives Springfield Lakes its name
- Bio-retention treatment designs for the stormwater inflows from the villages into lakes
The construction costs to date exceed $120 Million and on completion in 2020 the project will support over 30,000 residents in over 10,000 homes.