Position: Civil Engineer
Our Brisbane office is looking for a Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will have solid, in-depth experience with an approachable personality, the ability to work with minimal supervision and be comfortable interfacing with clients and other stakeholders. The role will be responsible for undertaking civil engineering design and conduct site inspections to a large range of different projects, including sub-divisions, commercial/retail, industrial sites, Defence jobs, etc. You will receive on-going support and mentoring from the very approachable more senior engineers and managers that will allow you to expand your technical knowledge to progress with your career development.
The successful candidate will need to satisfy the following essential criteria:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within an engineering consultancy
- Client and project management experience preferred
- Project experience in land development and multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong stormwater knowledge
- A strong working knowledge with a range of design software packages including DRAINS, MUSIC, HEC-RAS and 12D
- Well-developed computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong technical documentation design and time management skills
- Motivation and eagerness to learn and work in a multitude of different projects
- Already residing in Australia with permanent unrestricted working rights.
- Plan and conduct professional engineering work with little supervision
- Manage engineering requirements for projects (or parts of projects) requiring substantial professional experience
- Undertake improvement of professional engineering tasks, project management and project controls
- Perform professional engineering work and exercise individual judgement and initiative in the application of engineering principles, techniques and methods with supervision from higher-level engineers as to method of approach and requirements
- Assist Senior Engineers and Project Managers with professional tasks requiring accuracy and adherence to prescribed methods of engineering analysis, design or computation
- Preparation of design models and technical reports within the timeframes required
- Site based inspections, engineering and commission services to internal and external projects.
- Work within the quality management system
If you are a motivated person who welcomes new challenges, this is a great opportunity to grow your career in Civil Design.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country, to be considered for any role.