Position: Consultant – Remedial Engineering, Building Diagnostics & Facades
Our St Leonards office is looking for a highly skilled Remedial Engineer or Building Forensic Consultant, with minimum 4 to 7 years consulting experience, to join our progressive team. This role requires a demonstrated track record of consulting skills and experience in the field.
The successful candidate will need to have a high level of project management and technical ability across the Remedial Engineering, Building Diagnostics and Facades discipline, have an approachable personality, the ability to take responsibility for projects and strong leadership qualities and professional approach.
Technically the candidate will:
- Oversee design, field work, report and advisory work undertaken to ensure that standards are maintained for technical performance, constructability and avoidance of professional liability
- Work with clients to balance design or report and advisory work requirements with budget and schedules established with clients
- Provide written proposals to clients that satisfy their requirements
- Commission and document coordination sub-consultants, surveyors, etc
- Undertake preliminary design and document discussions with client, councils, etc
- Monitor progress on projects and report to client, Manager, etc
- Document discussions with clients on progress, the calling of tenders, negotiations and then supervision of construction
- Maintain and promote professional service, organisational learning, continuous improvement and professional development
- Bring previous facades/remedial experience, working at heights training, rope access qualifications etc highly regarded
In addition they will need to satisfy the following criteria:
- High level report writing and communication skills
- Understanding of Standards and Legislation within the Building Sector (ie. BCA)
- Highly developed construction and assessment skills
- Strong focus on time and budget deliverables
- Able to undertake problem solving to derive innovative solutions
- Ability to multi-task projects so that healthy wages: sales ratios can be achieved.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country, to be considered for any role.