Position: Graduate Engineer – Remedial Engineering, Building Diagnostics and Facades
We’re proud of our workplace culture, and we reward and recognise our people who best represent our company values of excellence, passion, caring, integrity, collaboration and courage.
If you have been considering a change, ask yourself the following:
- Do you have excellent technical report writing and communication (written and verbal) skills?
- Are you looking for a role where you can be challenged daily with exposure to a diverse range of projects?
- Have you ever taken something apart just to understand how it functions?
- Are you self-motivated and constantly striving for excellence in your work?
If you find yourself answering YES to all of the above questions, our Sydney office is looking for a Graduate Engineer (or an Undergraduate in their final semester to work Full Time) to play an integral part in identifying a variety of engineering construction related problems and investigate/determine requirements for reinstatement, design and preparation of CAD drawings.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining technical standards for the discipline by innovation and application of state of the art technology, creating support material such as checklists, procedures and other appropriate documents
- Undertaking and overseeing design, field work, report and advisory work undertaken to ensure that standards are maintained for technical performance, constructability and avoidance of professional liability
- Work with clients to balance design or report and advisory work requirements with budget and schedules established with clients
- Draft written proposals to clients that satisfy their requirements
- Commission sub-consultants, surveyors, etc.
- Do preliminary design and document discussions with client, councils, etc.
- Change preliminary designs and document reasons for change
- Monitor progress on projects and report to the relevant parties
- Document discussions with clients on progress, the calling of tenders, negotiations and then supervision of construction
- Maintain and promote professional service, organisational learning and continuous improvement and professional development
You will have:
- High level report writing and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Project management and technical ability across the discipline
- Professional and approachable personality
- Understanding of Standards and Legislation within the building sector
- Able to undertake problem solving to derive innovative solutions
- Developed engineering and assessment skills
If you enjoy working in a team and welcome new challenges, this is a great opportunity to grow your career. ACOR is passionate about creating a sustainable company that nurtures its people and provides excellent opportunities for advancement.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and your resume.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country to be considered for any role.