Position: Graduate Engineer – Structural/Remedial Engineering
We’re proud of our workplace culture, and we reward and recognise our people who best represent our company values of excellence, passion, caring, integrity, collaboration and courage.
If you have been considering a change, ask yourself the following:
- Do you have excellent technical report writing and communication (written and verbal) skills?
- Are you looking for a role in a fast-paced consulting environment where you can gain exposure to a diverse range of projects?
- Do you like to understand how things work and why things go wrong in the construction industry?
- Are you self-motivated and customer focused?
- Do you like to get out of the office where you can be part of the action?
If you find yourself answering YES to all of the above questions, our Sydney office is looking for a Graduate Engineer (or an Undergraduate in their final semester to work Full Time) to play an integral part in identifying a variety of engineering construction related problems and investigate/determine requirements for repair and remedial works, prepare design documentation and drawings.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining technical standards for the Structural and Remedial disciplines by application of traditional and state of the art technology
- Undertaking Structural Engineering computations and design
- Creating support material such as checklists, procedures and other appropriate documents
- Undertaking design, field work, report and advisory work to ensure that technical standards are maintained
- Working directly with clients to balance design, reporting and advisory work requirements with budgets
- Drafting written proposals to clients that satisfy their requirements
- Dealing with sub-consultants, contractors, tradespeople, surveyors, etc.
- Undertaking preliminary design and document discussions with client, councils, etc.
- Monitoring progress on projects and report to the relevant parties
- Documenting discussions with clients on progress, the calling of tenders, negotiations and then supervision of construction
You will have:
- Excellent report writing and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Structural / Remedial experience (an advantage)
- Professional and approachable personality
- Practical problem-solving abilities
- Sound technical ability relevant to your experience
- Understanding of Standards and Legislation within the building sector
If you enjoy working in a team and welcome new challenges, this is a great opportunity to grow your career. ACOR is passionate about creating a sustainable company that nurtures its people and provides excellent opportunities for advancement.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and your resume.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country to be considered for any role.