Position: Graduate Petrochemical Engineer
Our Brisbane office is looking for a Graduate Chemical Engineer to join our growing team.
This permanent position involves the performance of engineering design consultancy tasks within ACOR’s dangerous goods, risk and petrochemical division.
This position exists to support the success of ACOR, both locally and on a national level. The successful applicant will require Engineering and Project Management skills to obtain, secure, manage and deliver projects as part of the ACOR team. The employee shall retain independent responsibility to obtain, secure, manage and deliver technically difficult and strategic projects.
Your key responsibilities will include (under the guidance of a Senior Engineer):
- Provide technical inspection of client site fuel storage and handling systems for compliance and condition
- Undertake compliance inspections and preparing reports
- Assist Senior Engineer in the Project Management on various projects/activities
- Liaising with sub consultants/contractors to obtain pricing, schedule, performance analysis, monitoring and action
- Facilitate meetings including risk management, user group workshops and design workshops
- Managing projects, clients, consultants, contractors, and suppliers against project schedules, scopes and budgets
- Petrochemical design management and process engineering
- Support design processes and undertake projects independently
- Ability to understand relevant Australian Standards and Legislation
- Site based inspections, engineering, and commission services to internal and external projects.
- Work within the quality management system
- Monitor project controls and assessment
- Design and documentation of projects meeting time, cost, and quality expectations
You will have:
- University Chemical Engineering Degree or equivalent, recognised by Engineers Australia
- Eligible for membership of Engineers Australia
- Understanding of Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances compliance would be an advantage
If you enjoy working in a team and welcome new challenges, this is a great opportunity to grow your career. ACOR is passionate about creating a sustainable company that nurtures its people and provides excellent opportunities for advancement.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and your resume.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country to be considered for any role.
ACOR will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.