Position: Hydraulic Services Designer
Location: Western Sydney
Our Hydraulics team are looking for an experienced Hydraulics Services Designer to join our award winning team. Our Hydraulics Discipline leader based in Brisbane was recognised as AHSCA Hydraulic Consultant of the Year 2018.
You will perform Hydraulic Services Design consultancy duties associated with the planning, approval and construction of private and public projects.
You will have:
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Hydraulic Consulting Engineer in either plumbing or a consultancy environment within Australia. Essential is a high level of understanding of relevant Australian Standards (eg AS.3500, AS.2419, AS.5601, etc) and local requirements
- Provide site administration support such as construction phase and commissioning supervision
- Proven ability to assist with management of project delivery and design team resources
- Provide design and documentation of Hydraulic services including, hot and cold water, gas reticulation systems, waste, stormwater, sewerage and drainage systems, Fire Hydrant and Fire Hose Reel Services for a range of residential, healthcare, commercial, industrial, institutional, defence and mixed use projects
- Provide management assistance and direction of drafting and Hydraulic Services Design team resourcing
- Diploma in Hydraulic Services Design or equivalent Engineering Degree
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and good time management
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment or labour to determine project feasibility
- Prepare project design reports, budgets and assistance with fee proposals
- Actively work in a team of expert professionals who are proud of where they work
- Competent experience in Fire Sprinkler services design would be ideal
- 3D / Revit, CAD Experience would be advantageous
If you enjoy working in a team and welcome new challenges, this is a great opportunity to grow your career. ACOR is passionate about creating a sustainable company that nurtures its people and provides excellent opportunities for advancement.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country, to be considered for any role.