Position: Project Engineer – Petrochemical
Our Brisbane office is looking for an experienced Engineer (Mechanical/Chemical degree) with core aptitudes in risk assessment, fuel systems design and client presentations.
This position exists to support the success of ACOR, both locally and on a national level. The successful applicant will require Engineering and Project Management to obtain, secure, manage and deliver projects as part of the ACOR team. The employee shall retain independent responsibility to obtain, secure, manage and deliver technically difficult and strategic projects.
Your key responsibilities will include (under the guidance of a Senior Engineer):
- Support the delivery of dangerous goods compliance projects related to chemical safety
- Facilitate project risk workshops and the development of engineering solutions to workshop outcomes
- Site based inspections, engineering and commission services to internal and external projects.
- Work within a diverse and technically variant engineering consultancy environment
- Comprehend and apply normal professional engineering and project management practices
- Exercise individual judgement and initiative in the application of engineering principles, techniques and methods
- Draw upon education, training and available resources to apply advanced techniques and methods learned
- Seek and rely upon precedent or defined procedures and standards for guidance.
- Strive for self-validation of works completed prior to review
- Work within the quality management system
- Work with and apply standards and methods to minimise health, safety and environmental risks
- Production of project documentation to an end client standard
You will have:
- University Engineering Degree, recognised by Engineers Australia
- Eligible for membership of Engineers Australia
- 4-5 years of engineering consulting experience
- Experience working in Dangerous Goods, Risk and Safety engineering
- Experience in the application of dangerous goods legislation and Australian standards
- Experience and knowledge of downstream petroleum systems
- Experience in the preparation of safety management systems and emergency response plans
- Consulting experience with the Department of Defence would be desirable
- A strong working knowledge with a range of design software packages, data management systems and auditing
If you enjoy working in a team and welcome new challenges, this is a great opportunity to grow your career. ACOR is passionate about creating a sustainable company that nurtures its people and provides excellent opportunities for advancement.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and your resume.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country to be considered for any role.
ACOR will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.