Position: Project Engineer – Petrochemical
We’re proud of our workplace culture, and we reward and recognise our people who best represent our company values of excellence, passion, caring, integrity, collaboration and courage.
Our Perth office is looking for an experienced Project Engineer in the Petrochemical field. As a Project Engineer, you will have core aptitudes in risk assessment, fuel systems design and client presentation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the business by undertaking professional engineering work
- Acting as the organisation’s technical reference authority in your field of professional engineering
- Initiating and participating in short-range or long-range planning
- Taking detailed technical responsibility for product development and provision of specialised engineering systems, facilities and functions
- Being capable of making responsible decisions independently and deciding courses of action necessary to expedite the successful accomplishment of assigned projects
- Managing projects that include design, specification and reporting in coordination with company and client procedures. Provide technical direction, oversight and management of both engineering and design projects
- Site based inspections, engineering and commission services to internal and external projects
- Developing and assisting less experienced engineers in engineering, control techniques and other technical areas
You will have:
- Chemical/Mechanical University Engineering Degree or equivalent, recognised by Engineers Australia
- Eligible for membership of Engineers Australia
- 5-7 years previous design and/or project management experience within an engineering consultancy or associated industry
- Experience working in Dangerous Goods, Risk and Safety engineering
- Experience in the application of dangerous goods legislation and Australian standards
- Experience and knowledge of downstream petroleum systems
- Experience in the preparation of safety management systems and emergency reserve plans
- Experience in managing multiple projects
- A strong working knowledge with a range of design software packages, data management systems and auditing
If you enjoy working in a team and welcome new challenges, this is a great opportunity to grow your career. ACOR is passionate about creating a sustainable company that nurtures its people and provides excellent opportunities for advancement.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and your resume.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country to be considered for any role.