Position: Senior Electrical Engineer
This position exists to support the success of ACOR Western Australia both locally and on a national level and requires a high level of leadership, as well as professional engineering and project management tasks. The employee shall retain independent responsibility to obtain, secure, manage and deliver technically difficult and strategic projects.
Reporting to the Building Section Leader, the role of Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for technical and delivery aspects of the projects on which we work.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Apply mature professional engineering knowledge
- Seek individual accomplishment and co-ordination of more difficult assignments
- Deal with problems for which it is necessary to modify established guides and devise new approaches
- Provide some original contribution or apply new professional engineering approaches and techniques to the design or development of projects and solutions
- Demonstrate sound judgement and technically accurate and feasible engineering and consultation solutions with minimal review
- Make responsible decisions on matters assigned, including the establishment of professional engineering standards and procedures. Consult, recommends and advise in speciality engineering areas.
- Carry out work within broad guidelines requiring conformity with overall objectives, relative priorities and necessary co-operation with other disciplines and teams, with limited additional professional engineering guidance
- Outline and assign work to team(s) and review for technical accuracy and adequacy,
- Plan, direct, co-ordinate and supervise the work of other professional and technical staff.
- Manage projects that shall include design, specification and reporting in coordination with company and client procedures. Provide technical direction, oversight and management of both engineering and design projects
- Site based inspections, engineering and commission services to internal and external projects.
- Develop and assist less experienced engineers in engineering and control techniques and other technical areas
- Work within the quality management system to ensure that client’s needs are understood and met. Provide engineering assessment, design and documentation high level within time, cost and quality expectations
- Determine and applying of appropriate standards and methods to minimise health, safety and environmental risks
- Evaluating and optimising of the preferred solution which can affect requirements and the project’s scope, time, cost and quality objectives
- Estimating and reviewing scope of works
- Production of project documentation to a high standard
You will have:
- University Engineering Degree or equivalent, recognised by Engineers Australia
- Eligible for membership of Engineers Australia
- Work Cover Site Induction Training Card (White Card)
- Minimum 10 – 15 years’ experience as electrical engineer within an engineering consultancy or associated industry
- A strong working knowledge with a range of design software packages
- Well-developed computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong engineering and design skills
- Strong Business Development Skills
- High level of Project delivery and Technical ability across within the Electrical Discipline
- Able to communicate on a technical and project level with clients, staff and management
- Able to undertake problem solving to derive innovative solutions
- Highly Developed Engineering and assessment skills
- Strong focus on time and budget deliverables and ability to motivate others
- High level report writing and communication skills
If you enjoy working in a team and welcome new challenges, this is a great opportunity to grow your career. ACOR is passionate about creating a sustainable company that nurtures its people and provides excellent opportunities for advancement.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and your resume.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country, to be considered for any role.