Position: Senior Hydraulic Services Designer
ACOR Consultants has a number of significant major projects underway and we are looking for an experienced Hydraulics Services Designer to join our team in Brisbane.
The candidate will perform Hydraulic Services Design consultancy duties associated with the planning, approval and construction of private and public projects.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Hydraulic Consulting Engineer in either plumbing or a consultancy environment within Australia. Essential is a high level of understanding of relevant Australian Standards (eg AS.3500, AS.2419, AS.5601, etc) and local requirements
- Provide site administration support such as construction phase and commissioning supervision
- Proven ability to assist with management of project delivery and design team resources
- Provide design and documentation of Hydraulic services including, hot and cold water, Gas reticulation systems, waste, stormwater, sewerage and drainage systems, Fire Hydrant and Fire Hose Reel Services for a range of residential, healthcare, commercial, industrial, institutional, defence and mixed use projects
- Provide management assistance and direction of drafting and Hydraulic Services Design team resourcing
- Diploma in Hydraulic Services Design or equivalent Engineering Degree
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and good time management
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment or labour to determine project feasibility
- Prepare project design reports, budgets and assistance with fee proposals
- Actively work in a team of expert professionals who are proud of where they work
- Competent experience in Fire Sprinkler services design (would be advantageous)
- 3D / Revit, Cad Experience (would be advantageous)
- Computer competence in using Microsoft Word and Excel
Only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country, to be considered for any role.