Position: Senior Structural Engineer
The role of Senior Structural Engineer contributes to the success of ACOR Brisbane both locally and on a national level, and requires strong leadership capability in addition to professional engineering and project management competencies.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Identify key clients and develop strategies and standards to maintain and enhance relationships
- Independently manage engineering requirements for projects (or parts of projects) requiring substantial professional experience
- Undertake improvement of professional engineering tasks, project management and project controls
- Perform professional engineering work and exercise individual judgement and initiative in the application of engineering principles, techniques and methods
- Work towards independence for validity, adequacy, methods and procedures with minimal assistance
- Carry out quality and technical checks of the work and process of team members
- Coach and develop team members
- Site based inspections, engineering and commission services to internal and external projects
- Monitor project controls and assessment, design and documentation within time, cost and quality expectations
- Work with and apply appropriate standards and methods to minimise health, safety and environmental risks
- Estimating and reviewing scope of works
- Production of project documentation to an end client standard
- Positioning ACOR to provide the full range of structural design services
You will have:
- An attitude to join and participate in the fun around the office!
- An engineering degree or equivalent, recognised by Engineers Australia
- An eligibility for membership of Engineers Australia
- Ideally RPEQ membership
- Ideally 10 years design experience within an engineering consultancy or associated industry
- Strong leadership qualities, problem-solving skills and professional approach
- Ideally experience in high rise building design
- A strong working knowledge with a range of design software packages
- Strong time management, technical design and documentation skills
- Strong focus on time and budget deliverables and ability to work collaboratively with and motivate others
- A high level of project management awareness within the Structural consultancy discipline
- A strong ability to communicate on a technical and project level with clients, staff and management
If you enjoy working in a team and welcome new challenges, this is a great opportunity to grow your career. ACOR is passionate about creating a sustainable company that nurtures its people and provides excellent opportunities for advancement.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and your resume.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country to be considered for any role.