Position: Structural Engineer
As a Structural Engineer, you will support the success of ACOR, both locally and on a national level. This role requires an excellent communicator, that is looking for a mix of office & site-based work. You will need to be a problem solver, who is able to think ‘bigger picture’ and participate in design, delivery and coordination across engineering disciplines and with the wider project team.
It would suit an applicant ready to make the next step in their career and move towards a Senior role. The opportunity exists to be a key contributor in the growth and success of the local business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide structural design input and direction to internal and external project teams.
- Manage projects that include design, specification and reporting aspects.
- Demonstrate sound judgement, in conjunction with technically accurate and feasible engineering solutions.
- Establish and apply professional engineering standards and procedures. Consult, recommend, and advise both internal and external clients.
- Carry out site inspections and associated construction-phase engineering services for internal and external clients.
- Determine and apply appropriate standards and methods to minimise health, safety & environmental risks.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Structural/Civil Engineering
- Accreditation by Engineers Australia and Chartership (or working towards Chartered status)
- Demonstrated competence in structural engineering design.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to compile detailed and accurate reports.
Benefits of ACOR
- Attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on everyday products and services
- Regular social and fundraising events
- Ongoing learning & development
- 100% employee owned company
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
ACOR is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country to be considered for any role.
ACOR will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.