Position: Trainee Hydraulic Services Designer
Our Hydraulics team are looking for an experienced Trainee Hydraulics Services Designer to join our team. You will perform Hydraulic Services Design consultancy duties associated with the planning, approval and construction of private and public projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a high level of understanding of relevant Australian Standards (e.g. AS3500, AS2419, AS5601, etc) authority and local requirements, including Water Corporation standards and local area councils
- Providing design and documentation of hydraulic services including, hot and cold water, gas reticulation systems, stormwater, sewerage and drainage systems, fire hydrant and fire hose reel services for a range of healthcare, commercial, industrial, institutional and mixed-use projects
- Assisting with and developing report writing skills for hydraulic services engineering
- Assisting with and developing skills to estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment or labour to determine project feasibility
- Providing site administration support, including site inspections and reports
Skills & Experience:
- Certificate IV/Diploma in Hydraulic Services or Plumbing Contractor’s Licence
- Minimum 2 years’ Australian experience working in the building services sector
- Experience using AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge and experience in working on commercial projects within the area/state
- Well-versed and understanding of relevant Australian Standards and Building Codes
Benefits of ACOR:
- Attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on everyday products and services
- Regular social and fundraising events
- Ongoing learning & development
- 100% employee owned company
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
ACOR is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have full working rights in Australia and already be residing in the country to be considered for any role.