- 2018 AILA Victorian Chapter Awards – Award of Excellence – Tourism Category
- 2018 Master Builders Victoria Excellence in Civil Construction
ACOR has been providing design engineering and consulting services for Zoos Victoria for several years, working on major projects including the Predator and Lemur exhibits at Melbourne Zoo.
The Predators Stage 2 project, which houses the Sumatran Tigers, Snow Leopards and other carnivores, has won the Australian Institute of Landscape Architects AILA Victorian Chapter – Award of Excellence in the Tourism category.
ACOR’s scope of work included:
- Design of aviary tension mesh structures which form the roof and walls of the Coati and Snow Leopard enclosures;
- Steel fencing barriers and footing structures for the Snow Leopards and Sumatran Tigers holding pens and containment barriers;
- Structural assessment and modifications to standard steel shipping containers which form part of the enclosure viewing areas (the most challenging being the Snow Leopard #1 containers which cantilever over the enclosure);
- Enclosure pedestrian decking, bridges and fencing which form the pathways throughout the exhibit;
- Sumatran Tiger and Snow Leopards concrete moat structures.