ACOR provided structural, civil and aquatic services for the redevelopment of the existing Queenwood School buildings, which included new sports and aquatic facilities for the senior school students.
As part of the design team, ACOR worked closely with the architects to design some of these more interesting and challenging structural elements:
- Featured structural steel roof spanning 28 metres over the swimming pool
- New under cover, multipurpose, court supported on V-shape columns
- New indoor 25m swimming pool and learn to swim pool with associated facilities
- Prestressed concrete cantilever walkways and office floor (with feature vertical bracing over the training pool and seminar room)
- 10 metre high glass facade